Monday 10 February 2014

Bourjois: Volume Glamour Max Holidays Mascara Review

Bourjois: Volume Glamour Max Holidays Mascara

Today I have a review of the Bourjois Volume Glamour Max Holidays Mascara in Black.
I have used a couple of Bourjois Mascaras before but never really thought anything of them, I got this little one in a "free gift when you spend over £15".

"Its mini wand and maximum brush contact give you 100% control and 10 x more volume*.The texture is easy to apply and gives up to 24hours of waterproof protection."

You can purchase this mascara in a variety of colours here.

Bare lashes combed with my MAC lash comb
Two coats of Bourjois Volume Glamour Max Holidays Mascara
My completed look

Overall, I am still undecided with this mascara, I have used it for a few days and some days it goes on really well, other days, like toady, it doesn't apply as well and I really don't know why?

Here is the bottle, as I said this is a miniature one so it is only £5.99

Close up of the brush which is HUGE in comparison to the tube.
Length: 3/5 I think this mascara added some extra length to my lashes especially after a second coat. my lashes are naturally long so although this mascara may look good in the photo above bare in mind that if you have naturally long lashes, any mascara will help define the length. After applying a second coat my lashes didn't feel weighed down which is good as I like my lashes to have that fluttery effect.

Overall Performance: 3/5 The brush of this mascara is actually huge and I find having the shorter wand give more control when applying. The brush is a normal bristle mascara brush with hundreds of theses bristles giving it a chunky look. The brush allows for some separation but on some groups of lashes it sticks them together which was annoying, however, as I mentioned before I have been using this mascara for a couple of days and it was inconsistent with the effect each day, some days my lashes would look even, fanned out, separated and volumised. Other days it would apply really clumpy and stick my lashes together with an uneven finish, so I really don't like the inconsistency, I need my mascara to deliver the same effect day after day so I don't need to spend ages in the morning on my lashes. The inconsistency could be the mascara drying out after opening, other than that I can't think of anything else that would make its performance so different day to day as I always use the same technique.

The formula is good, it is drier which I prefer but not so dry that it flakes throughout the day, it also didn't transfer or smudge and was easy to take off at night. 

Volume: 3/5 This mascara did add some nice  volume on days I applied it, but on other days it just clumped my lashes together and defined them more. I really don't know why this is because I always use the same technique. I think it could be because the formula has dried out since I opened this which has only been about a week.

Expense: 2/5 This miniature mascara sells for £5.99 which is a decent price but I think that the inconsistency in performance may be down to the formula drying out to quickly? So all in all, I loved the effect the mascara gave my lashes some days, unfortunately I didn't get a photo of it, but the past couple of days my lashes haven't looked as good as when I first used it and I have only been using it for a few days, no more than a week. If this mascara came out in a bigger size, I know Bourjois sell a bigger version but it is slightly different with a different brush, I may have to give it a go.

L.O.V.E RESULT

    11/20


No comments:

Post a Comment