Tuesday 28 January 2014

Maybelline: The Volum' Express Falsies Flared Mascara Review

Maybelline Volum' Express Falsies Flared Mascara

Today I have a review on Maybelline's Volum' Express Falsies Flared Mascara in Black. "False lash glam with a flare, instantly! Patented Spoon Curler Brush fans out lashes from corner-to-corner, while our Pro-Keratin formula instantly builds volume without clumping. Unique flexible wand lifts and separates lashes to provide the look of 300% more visible, lashes."

I bought mine in a 2 for £10 deal at Tesco, but it is usually £7.99 you can purchase it here.

My bare lashes brushed with my trusty MAC lash comb

With two coats of Falsies Flares

My finished eye look of the day

Overall I think this mascara is pretty good, I liked the brush and how you could use both sides for different effects. It did add some extra volume to my lashes without clumping too much during application.

Falsies Flared bottle, just the classic Maybelline shape.

Here is the brush, you can use both the curved and flat side, its a proper bristle mascara brush rather than plastic
Length: 3/5 This mascara did add some length to my lashes which are already naturally long, I don't think it added any great length to my lashes therefore I don't recommend this to people with shorter lashes looking for a lengthening effect. I added two coats which delivered the length you can see in the shots above.

Overall Performance: 4/5 I liked the brush of this mascara, it is full of longer bristles and is curved so you can use both the curved side and the flat side, I alternated between the two, the flat side it better for separation while the curved side helps with the flared out look. The formula is almost perfect but can be slightly too wet which gets on to your upper eyelid during application, it also made some of my lashes stick together when using the curved side but as I said before the flat side it better for separation. The formula held my lashes in the same place all day and I could remove it easily with my usual makeup wipes.

This mascara was fine for separation but only when the flat side of the brush was used. It defined my lashes well and did fan them out to an extent but nothing amazing. I did feel during the application process my lashes were combing outward to the corner of my eye which was quite a nice look.

Volume: 3/5 This mascara did add some decent volume to my really fine lashes, it also didn't weigh the down which tends to happen with mascaras. I used two coats to achieve the look above. I don't think it added a false lash effect to my eyes so it loses marks as this is what it claims.

Expense: 3/5 I think this mascara is a really good price at £7.99 plus Maybelline have offers on regularly. I liked the results I got and because this mascara lasted so long I would give it 3/5. However, I don't think I will buy this mascara again because I already have mascaras that I prefer.

L.O.V.E RESULT:

      13/20




1 comment:

  1. wow it makes your eyelashes look so huge :) i'm also a big fan of maybelline's mascara but the one from benefit which i am using at the moment is brilliant too :)

    ReplyDelete