Wednesday 28 May 2014

YSL Rouge pur Couture Glossy Lip Stain (9)

I am in love with red lips at the moment and have a growing collection of red lip glosses, lipsticks, lip stains and balms. I decided to treat myself and buy a YSL Glossy Lip Stain, I have wanted one of these for a while but never knew what colour I wanted, there's too many to choose from, but I finally just went for number 9. You can view the whole range HERE. I bought mine from Debenhams for £25.00, I also have my Debenhams Beauty Club Card so I get points every time I make a purchase.

YSL Glossy Stain in 9
I know some people think that £25.00 is a lot of money for a lip gloss/stain, but I love buying premium beauty products and I love designers. I also love some of the other YSL products and think they are all great quality and are worth it. This product gives me beautiful red, glossy (but not too glossy) lips which lasts until I eat a meal or take it off. 

The applicator is a really good shape, it's just perfect for applying it evenly and symmetrically to the lips, it also holds enough product and doesn't give an uneven finish. When I wear this I just feel glam, I really love the look it gives me and I love taking it out of my bag to apply it, the packaging is just beautiful. The colour 9 is a lovely bright true red, the kind of colour and tone that suits me best. They have so many colours though that you are sure to find one to suit you. If you don't want to pay the £25.00 price tag for this product a good dupe for these YSL Glossy Lip Stains is the L'Oreal Paris Glam Shine Stain Splash at just £7.99, you can see the full range of colours HERE.

I would say that the L'Oreal ones have less colours to choose from and don't last as long and aren't as pigmented, but I now have a few of these L'Oreal lip stains and I love them, they are so easy and probably do a better job of actually staining the lips so when anything does come off you still have the lovely colour underneath. Although I'm a big fan of the L'Oreal Glam Shine Stain Splash range, I really do like a little bit of luxury and feel that the YSL Glossy Lip Stains delivers just that. The colour is so rich, pigmented and think so it really gives a great colour payoff.

I want to buy more of these now in different colours!


1 comment:

  1. Ah the packaging is just gorgeous isn't it?! I so need to get one of these xx
    Gemma ♥ | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete