Tuesday 20 May 2014

Batiste XXL Volume Dry Shampoo

I bought this Batiste XXL Volume Dry Shampoo the other day and have used it a couple of times since, I wanted to try it as I'm always on the search for volumising products as I have such fine hair. I usually have to wash my hair everyday anyway so I wasn't buying this as a dry shampoo just as a product I can use for volumising my hair day to day. I bought it for £3.99 from Boots, click HERE to find out more.

"Batiste Dry Shampoo Big and Bouncy XXL Volume revitalises hair, banishes oily roots and gives you so much body and texture, your Up-Do takes no time. A quick burst with our unique formula gives dull, lifeless hair the volumising makeover it needs. No water and no backcombing - just big-style glamour and a great clean, fresh feeling. No need to worry about skipping a shampoo."

Batiste XXL Volume Dry Shampoo
Because I'm blonde this product isn't noticeable in my hair but I think if your hair is darker you will notice it more, I actually really like it because it brightens my hair a bit especially my dull blonde roots. Overall I do like this product, it does give my hair more volume and lasts all day when you fluff it up occasionally or scrunch it a bit. It smells nice, just a clean sort of smell which I don't mind having in my hair, plus it fades quickly. The only thing I don't like is that it leaves my hair looking a little dry and frazzled (without actually being or feeling dry), it's not too bad and I can put up with it if I'm going for that fluffy look, I will try and condition before using this and see if it makes a difference, but its' not too bad and would rather use this than back combing my hair.

It does leave a funny feel in my hair, obviously it is the product and that's how it adds volume, but when I try brushing my hair it just has a horrible feeling, sort of sticky but dry if that makes sense. The volume it gives my hair makes the texture bearable, it still feels soft and smooth its only when your brushing your hair you feel it. I found it also separated my fringe into small sections which I hate but I think when I use it next I would put it in my fringe. I have to take into account the fact that I don't actually use this as a proper dry shampoo as I don't think it would make my hair look as dry if I did. I'm going to use up the bottle and if I get used to the feeling in my hair and maybe play about with moisturizing conditioners to help with the dry look, but overall I like it. For someone who has fine flat hair to get some nice bouncy volume for a change, I guess I can't complain.



1 comment:

  1. You just really can't have it all. Sucks, right? You have fine hair and that's great but few setbacks also come with it. Anywayz, your volume issue, I read an article here http://www.restylepro.com/ you might find it useful. ;)

    ReplyDelete