Wednesday 12 March 2014

Revlon ColourBurst Lip Butter: Wild Watermelon

A couple of days ago I was in Boots buying some essentials when I noticed that the amazing three for two across makeup and beauty was on, I needed something to get for free so I took my time looking across the makeup counters and finally chose the new Revlon ColourBurst Lip Butter in Wild Watermelon. This usually sells for £7.99, I got it for free in the three for two, find out more HERE.

Revlon ColourBurst Lip Butter in Wild Watermelon
I have used some of the Revlon Lip Butters before and I really like them because they aren't too overpowering and are great for a more natural look, this colour Wild Watermelon is a pinky red, imagine a watermelon colour, great for spring/summer looks.

Wild Watermelon
I love this colour, I do like a red lip but this one is just a bit more natural looking so I will use this more for during the day and for more casual looks. The colour is just stunning, the pictures don't do it justice although I would say the first one is truer to the actual colour payoff when applied to lips. As with all of the Revlon Lip Butters they are more moisturising and the actual cut of the lipstick makes it easier to apply for me. 

The pigmentation is good, if you have used Revlon Lip Butters before you will know the consistency and the usual payoff, this one is no different. It is a more glossy, buttery texture and goes on to the lips similar to lipstick but slightly less thickly. I prefer using this to lipstick day to day as whenever I do wear lipstick I always find myself slightly paranoid and constantly checking in the mirror for smudges and that none has come off on my teeth.

The Revlon Lip Butters are a lot quicker to apply I find, usually when I apply lipstick it takes me ages to get it perfect, I can always do one side well then the other one looks completely different, with the Revlon Lip Butters depending on what colour you get you can almost apply it as you would lip balm, just use a mirror. Obviously because this colour is brighter than some of the others available I would take a bit more care when applying but even so it still doesn't take me long.

Because they are so buttery, they don't last as long on the lips as lipstick would but this really doesn't bother me as it only takes a few seconds. Overall I love this product and the colour Wild Watermelon, I love the name, I have a weird obsession with watermelon themed things! Now I want to go and buy some more Revlon ColourBurst Lip Butters!



No comments:

Post a Comment